Monday, July 21, 2014

Russell Street School Reflection - Parulis

This site should be a benchmark for what every district should be doing. Of course most school districts in my area do have websites with general information and some links with some information for parents...some of the time.  In an area that is ran by corrupt politicians (http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/23/pennsylvania.corrupt.judges/) , there are a lot of cover ups always trying to take place and that might be on a greater level, but it has to start somewhere. Russell street school puts everything out there. From the classroom agendas right on a website to their annual reports and meeting briefs, they really don't disclose anything so that is a lesson we can all learn.

As I read in another post, our districts have students make final graduation seminars. I feel that they should be doing something we currently do at Boise. From the start of the term, create a blog and build on it throughout your time at the school. By the time you graduate all of that " I didn't learn anything in High School" talk would be defeated. You have just created a wealth of knowledge for yourself that you may be able to to take with you throughout the rest of your life. I plan on using my portfolio page from Boise with me for job interviews, showcasing my projects and even just to have as a great reference. I think having a digital portfolio is the best way to go in the digital technology age.

No comments:

Post a Comment